This week's vocabulary:
vigorous, inadvertently, inclined, rapidity, scrupulously
This week's learning targets:
- I can identify the main idea and support my conclusion with details from the text
_ I can use reasons and evidence to describe how and why explorers explored
- I can write an essay using quotations from primary sources
- I can use transition words and phrases in my writing
- I can use terms, examples, names, numbers, dates and illustrations to support my writing
- I can answer questions about Colorado regions using maps and other geographic tools.
- I can illustrate how places in Colorado have changed and developed over time.
- I can describe how physical environment provides opportunities for and places constraints on human activities.
-4th I can estimate quotients for 4-digit dividends
- 4th I can apply what I know about dividing items into equal groups to solve problems
- 4th I can sort objects into equal-sized groups to divide
- 4th I can divide by thinking about multiplication, estimation, and place value
-5th I can use models to help find quotients
- 5th I can find quotients of whole numbers
- 5th I can find the quotient when the divisor is a multiple of ten
- 5th I can decide where to place the first digit of the quotient when I divide whole numbers
Things to remember:
- Look at and sign your students planner. This is a great time to ask them about the day's learning target