As a fun project this week, we will write about our experiences at Centennial Village this last week. Enjoy the pictures!
This week's vocabulary:
escort, reap, pucker, renewable energy, non-renewable energy
This week's learning targets:
- I can describe how people have adapted to and changed their surroundings to survive in Colorado
- I can identify and describe a variety of energy forms and their sources.
- I can describe three ways heat transfers
- I can describe how the narrator's point of view influences how events are described
- I can determine a theme using details from the text
- 4th I can use rounding and place value to estimate sums and differences
- 4th I can use properties and strategies to change the structure of a problem to add and subtract using mental math
- 5th I can look for and use the structure of our decimal place value system to solve problems
- 5th I can use round decimals to different places
Things to remember:
-Look at and sign your students planner. This is a great time to ask them about the day's learning target